Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Nov 5th - Dear Santa

Monday, November 05, 2007


Dear Santa.........
Category: Life

I am putting my request in early since I was rather disappointed with my main present this year. I went to see my GP and all he gave me were yet more drugs made from horses wee - in the form of HRT. Now I don't wish to sound ungrateful but a girl likes to feel special on her birthday an not like a shrivelled up old barren hag. Anyway, I digress...........could you possibly see to it that my neutraphils magic themselves up above the required 1.5 level because today the nice lady nurse told me I couldn't have the lovely chemo-cocktail that is Folfox. The poor little lambs only came in at 1.1 and basically, I've been here before. I have been a good girl and injected my poor patchwork tummy with the hurty GCSF injections (kind of like sending Vera Lynn to cheer up the troops and jolly them up a bit) but they don't seem to be working. I even went and had a flu jab on Friday instead of staying in bed all day again.

If you could possibly get the elves to knock up a few neutraphil soldier cells for me in the workshop just a few weeks early, I'll be eternally grateful - or at least until I shuffle off this mortal coil from OLD AGE if I have a say in the matter. I promise not to over work them and will take good care of them but I'd really like to spend Christmas not feeling like I've been hit by a truck, then reversed over again with a 53cm tube shoved in my arm - it ruins the photos to have a lumpy bandage and dressing. I spent last Christmas trying not to tell anyone I had cancer, even though I already knew I did a few weeks before - I don't want my friends and family to have to see me pushing food around my plate because it all tastes of lard (yes Badfish, spot on) and I feel sick. It's not for me, I personally don't mind the weight loss at this time of year, but I think my kids and my little sis have had enough. My son cried buckets only last week because he "doesn't want me to be ill any more". I cried too, because I don't want him to see me being ill and it's too hard to pretend I'm not. Then the crying continued because, as you know it BLOODY HURTS to cry thanks to the side effects of the chemo.

Sorry I'm rambling but I haven't written you a note since my children were babies and couldn't write very well themselves so figured I owed you a few words. I'll leave the good brandy out this year but I'm not sure I can stretch to XO, hope you don't mind.

Lots of love

Lisa xxx

22:40 - 4 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Umpalumpa

Now listen young lady......... *stands on chair so taller than you*

I think I can speak for all your close friends/family when I say that we just want you better. I completely understand you being fed up, this has been such a long time for you.

I know I can't wave a magic wand and make it all better but I will be there no matter how long it takes, (with chai latte of course) OK?????????????

Posted by Umpalumpa on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 02:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Um yes miss...........but I still want to finish chemo before Crimbo!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 15:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Donna

Dear Santa
I will be quite happy to give up the lovely shiny ring that I want so you can put the extra elves onto Lisa's request. It is a very pretty ring but I feel that her need is greater than mine and I haven't really been *that* good this year ;)
Kind regards to you and the missus
Donna

Posted by Donna on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 02:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

That's such a lovely generous offer Jazzy! I think you should get the pretty shiny ring just for offering to give it up!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 15:17

No comments: